If you are wondering what to do during your stay at Zegarra Estate, it might be more useful to think about what you do not want to do because there are too many options for one vacation. Whether you're looking to chill out or go full throttle with outdoor adventures, there's something for everyone. Here are our some of our perennial favorites:
- Osmosis Day Spa (Freestone)- This Japanese-style spa located in Freestone offers a variety of relaxing treatments, including massages, facials, and body wraps. The spa also features a unique cedar enzyme bath that is said to help detoxify the body and boost the immune system. You will be buried up to the neck but it is relaxing, trust us. Plus, you’ll be in Freestone which is a super charming town.
- Bliss Organic Day Spa Bath House (Sebastopol) - This organic downtown day spa offers a variety of treatments, including massages, facials, and body scrubs. The spa's highlight, in our opinion, is its bathhouse, which features private tubs filled with mineral-rich water sourced from a nearby spring. You can go from cold plunge to steam room to dry sauna at your own pace.
- Sonoma Zipline Adventures (Occidental) - Located in Occidental, with a very woodsy, river vibe, Sonoma Zipline Adventures offers a thrilling outdoor adventure with zipline courses through the redwood forest. The tour includes seven ziplines and two sky bridges, with views of the Russian River and the Pacific Ocean.
- Bodega Bay Surf Shack surf lessons (Bodega Bay) - Learn to surf with the Surf Shack, which offers lessons for all levels of experience. The friendly and knowledgeable instructors will have you riding waves in no time. And if you are already a surfer, there are miles and miles of surfable coastline.
- Velo Verdé Recumbent and Electric Bikes bike rental (Sebastopol) - Explore our beautiful rolling hills on a bike rental from Velo Verdé. The shop offers recumbent and electric bikes, as well as regular bikes, so you can choose the perfect ride for your needs. Sonoma County is one of the world’s most popular cycling destinations because of the beauty, quiet roads, and varied terrain.
- Hiking in Point Reyes National Seashore (Point Reyes Station) - Just a short drive from Sebastopol, Point Reyes National Seashore offers miles of hiking trails with stunning views of the Pacific Ocean, Tomales Bay, and the lush oceanic landscape. The park also features a variety of wildlife, including rare Tule elk and gray whales.
After all this fun, there is a hot tub and hammock waiting for you at Zegarra Estate. Feel free to ask us if you have a particular interest (and check out our Food & Wine faves if sipping is your sport).